Life’s Simple Pleasures
It seems I’ve been hiding in a fox hole for the last few months waiting for the bombs and explosions to go off, but I’ve only heard a few gunshots off in the distance. Not saying a stray bullet can’t ricochet and hit me but I’m willing to put on my bullet proof vest and keep my head low in order to venture out. I can’t stand being in this dark hole any longer. I want to have a real life and I want a life for my family and friends as well. My plan is to use God as my shield and pray he keeps my safe as I go out and reclaim my life.
I am very thankful that my family and friends are alive and doing okay. We’ve all had plenty of time to reflect on what we’ve missed the last few months, so I’ve decided to focus on things I’m looking forward to in the months ahead. None of which I have to wear a mask to enjoy. I’ve made a list of some of the fun things I want to experience this summer.
1. Sunshine and hearing the sound of song birds
2. Leisurely walks
3. Campfires / Smores / Stories told there
4. Rhubarb pie
5. Homemade ice cream
6. Mushroom and Blueberry picking
7. The smell of the rain
8. The smell of balsam from the pine trees
9. Long drives
10. A cold beer
11.The smell of fresh cut grass
12. The squeal from the neighbor children as they go out to play
13. Fresh strawberries and garden vegetables. Yum!
14. Visiting relatives and friends again. Knowing I only can see 10 people at a time, I’ve decided to make more visits.
I hope you get out and enjoy some of the things you’ve been dreaming about the last few months. When you’re out there take the time to really appreciate even the smallest of pleasures. It goes without saying: You need to be careful, but more than anything you need to have a life. I hope you have a great summer!
Please sign up on the Contact page of this website for updates on my books. I will only email you when something is about to happen and I will never share your email with anyone else.